Just as you would use the utmost care to pick the finest ingredients to cook a dish with love for family and friends, what you cook it in is just as important -- just ask Mike Whitehead, founder and chief creative officer of FINEX Cast Iron Cookware.
Growing up in Florida, Whitehead’s inspiration in founding FINEX came from a childhood spent in the Sunshine State amongst alligators, orange groves and bass fishing, and tinkering in his dad’s welding and metal fabrication shop. “You could say I have iron in my blood,” he joked.
“I’ve spent many hours air boating on Lake Okeechobee, canoeing the Suwannee River down from Georgia and hiking the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina and Tennessee. I believe I’ve cooked and eaten almost everything in the South. My stomach just seems to have more room when I’m down there.”
Whitehead said he’s also deeply inspired by the creative people he’s surrounded by in Portland “who take do-it-yourself to the extreme,” as well as vintage American cookware, old tools, lighting, automotive design, mid-century appliances, fine carpentry, leather boots and watches.
Read the full story American perfectionism: The story of FINEX premium American cast iron cookware
FINEX cast iron grill pans get hotter than some Texas counties—and the 12-inch grill pan is just about as wide. Our cast iron grill pans are designed with true BBQ-width grill ribs for fantastic grill marks on or off the grill. Rich foods drain easily too and won’t fry because our grill ribs are extra deep and patterned after commercial BBQ grates.
Our thick-bottom design heats evenly and retains heat for perfect grilling results on every heat source. For outdoor grilling you get the best of both worlds—all that wonderful BBQ flavor from the coals or grill—without the flare-ups or unintended charring. Both meats and veggies are perfectly grilled—tender and juicy.
Our cast iron grill pans were made for the popular reverse sear technique—considered by many to be the best way to prepare a steak. Especially if you smoke low and slow, and want perfect cross-hatch grill marks right before serving.
Every cast iron grill rib is individually machined and polished to minimize sticking and makes cleaning easy. Each pan is pre-seasoned with organic flax seed oil and precision assembled. Our signature Quick Cooling stainless steel springs and permanently secured with commercial rivets for handles that are as sharp looking as they are functional. Our cast iron grill pans are built for heavy-duty use on the stove top, in the oven, on the grill or over the coals.
Size 18.25" x 11.8" x 3"
Cooking Surface 9.75"
Cooking Methods Gas, Induction, Electric, Oven, Grill, Fire
- Wash and dry thoroughly prior to first use.
- Pre-heat using medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes prior to each use.
- In the beginning use a little more oil as you build up your seasoning.
- Use caution with handles while on the grill, over the coals or in the oven—they get very hot.
- Never place in the dishwasher and do not soak for long periods.
- Wash with hot water and use a stainless steel scrubber or chainmail to remove food material.
- For tough cleaning, place a little water in the pan and boil for a few minutes before cleaning to loosen material. If necessary, add a dab of soap.
- After washing, throughly dry the pan using a towel—or place on stove and use a medium heat to completely dry.
- Apply a light coat of vegetable oil after washing and drying to preserve seasoning and protect when storing.
Learn more about taking care of your premium cast iron products